Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tuscany (Sienna & Florence) June 3-6


June 3
We visited a Vineyard in Tuscany. There we learned about the whole wine making process and the Tuscan grapes that they use. They made us a delicious five course meal, with every dish they let us taste the wine that was complementary to that dish. The countryside was beautiful...it truely looks like the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun." From there we went to Sienna for the night.

June 4
We toured a couple of the local sights in Sienna. We had a lot of free time before we left for Florence. So me and two other girls went to get something to eat, well after we went to eat...we walked maybe 30 ft to a gelato store for a little treat. When one my friends tried to pay for her gelato her wallet was gone! She had been pickpocketed. The sad thing was that she had already been pickpocket in Rome two weeks ago. Luckily since she had not gotten her new creditcards the only thing was cash.. given to her by our professor. Non the less that kind of ruined the mood for the day, so I spent the rest of the day in Sienna and night in Florence trying to get money wired to me from her family in the US for her.

June 5 &6
We were now in Florence for a few days. This city is smaller than Rome, so a ton easier to get around. The city is full of art! The only thing that I did not like about Florence is that there were way too many Americans. I thought I was in New York or something. I expected Rome to be the worst about that...but Florence won! The food was incredible in Florence, some of the best dishes that I've had while I've been in Italy.



Some of the local attractions that we toured was the Duomo (the big cathedral), the Academia (where Michealangelo's David is located) and the Uffizzi gallery(tons of artwork)




















1 comment:

Tennis Instructor said...

Hey Sebbie,

Does your dog bite? Great pix!!! Can't wait to see you.

Shalom & Bracha,